The club gear (boards, skis, etc) is expensive to purchase and
to maintain. Most gear damage is avoidable.
Use of Waimarama Surf Club Gear:
• All boards should be carried not dragged across the sand.
• Use gear in designated areas, not around swimmers.
• Hard boards are not to be used in patrolled areas.
• Children are not to sit or lie on boards when on the sand.
• Avoid prolonged exposure in the sun - don't leave boards out
in the sun.
• All boards should be laid, when not in use, fin up and nose
facing into the wind.
• When you have finished - wash the equipment after use and put
• No gear is to be taken away from the club without the approval
of the Director of Junior Surf.
• If the gear is damaged the board must be removed from the
water immediately and the coach advised.
Don't just leave our - YOUR gear on the beach - BRING it up -
WASH it down and put it away!!!!